Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School



So here you are Ja-Ja on your 1st day of first grade. I thought you were going to explode with excitement when you woke up this morning! School started at 8:30 this morning so you made sure to wake up at 6:30 just to be safe. You don't want to be late on your first day of school.
All day I prayed that you would have a great day & sure enough when I picked you up after school, you came running toward me & yelled, "It was awesome!" I'm so happy that you had a great 1st day of school. I hope you take on every day with that kind of enthusiasm.
After school we celebrated with some ice cream. You, Cobe, Seth & Adam couldn't stop jabbering about how much fun recess & lunch was. What a great day! I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings for you!
I love you.
SIDE NOTE: I decided to stay up after Ja-Ja left instead of my usual "sleep 'til 10". I gotta admit, I was a little bored that 1st hour. The boys were still sleeping & I wandered around wondering what to do. It has been a looong day but I think I like it. I got a lot more done & I didn't feel so rushed. Maybe I'll keep this up for a while. Hmm... maybe not.



3 comments:

kelly l said...

Did you stay up this morning too? If not, I'm at least proud of you yesterday. I can't believe these three are in 1st grade. Hopefully they'll be good and have fun.

Nancy said...

Ha, I saw your violent femmes comment on Shans blog and I was like, "Pooka? Who the H is Pooka?!" but of course! It's YOU Pooka! How happy. Won't it be fun if I move right back into your hood (especially your husband would love it if we buy some more goats for him to hear bright and early in the morning).

Your boys are insanely old. Combi was still a total baby when we left. It is so weird how when you are away you don't really expect other people's kids to grow up!!

Loving Life! said...

OK... we have no excuses not to get together a lot more now your boys are in school! What is your pre-school schedule? Everything turned out so perfect in your classroom! Can't wait to see it!
Love you!