We had a party at our home tonight & when it was over, we gave our kids a choice: help clean up or go to bed. I know, they are both really appealing choices to little kids. Anyway K.B was the only one that was willing to stay up & help. I was so amazed & impressed by him! So much that I may rent him out for parties. The poor boy could only carry one thing at a time so after 10 trips or so he had managed to take everything upstairs.
He then proceeded to clean up the mess him & his brothers had made in the upstairs living room. I guess he really didn't want to go to bed! After all that hard work I said,
"Cade, I think I'm going to have to give you 2 quarters for being such a good helper"
"Why? Because I'm 2?"
"You're not 2"
"Then give me 3."
When he was done with all of that he offered to clean the play room which was a disaster. (Just know he HATES to clean up)
"Cade, I think I'm going to give you $1"
"you said 2 quarters"
"I know but you're doing such a good job I think I'll have to give you $1"
"Whateva" as he returns to his cleaning.
It's amazing what little people will do to avoid going to bed.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
IN THE MOOD FOR...
- holiday fun (6)
- lessons learned (3)
- let the family times roll (10)
- randomness (7)
- sweet deals (2)
- the 3 little boys (39)
- we be trippin' (11)
5 comments:
good job cade. now are your parties over?
I love their gingerbread houses. They're lucky, we only do one that they all get to chip in on. They have so much fun each year doing it, though. We made the kids clean up tonight and I think they had the same idea-the longer I take, the longer I stay up.
That is so funny. What a cute little helper. :) I will be calling you to rent him when I have my next party. :)
Hah I love it! If he is anything like Joe he would rather a lot of a certain coin then less number of dollars. I'm cool with that. Got your Christmas card! Thanks I loved it!!
Sounds like he takes after his super organized awesome mother! And even though he claims to not like to clean you know that deep down he really does!
Post a Comment