We’re at the cabin right now, & as always it’s a great time. No internet (I’ll have to post this when I get back), limited phone service, no TV….. it’s nice to leave the world behind sometimes.
Sitting here, it’s made me think of the early years when JaJa was a baby & we would bring him here. Or even when we would come here before we had kids & see everyone else’s little ones running around & being glad & we didn’t have any of our own. Now most of them are teenagers & it’s our turn to create those special memories with our little ones.
Before we came here, I’m ashamed to admit that I really had a bad attitude about being here. I kept dreading the packing & food shopping & the cooking of the food. Ugh! Just the thought was exhausting me! I just kept thinking about all the work that goes into coming here.
But then we get here & I remember why we come here. To re-connect. This summer has been CRAZY with moving & everything else so it’s nice to sloooowww down for a minute or 2.
I think of the things they’ll remember when they grow up. Going to the dam, seeing shows at the Playmill, driving through Yellowstone, Eating pizza at West, Catching minnows at Mack’s Inn, buying candy at Pond’s Lodge, looking at the fish at Big Springs, going to the Waterfall, watching their dad fly fish at the Buffalo River, playing in the woods, endless talks at bedtime & picking new Yellowstone shirts. We do this EVERY year & as monotonous as it may sound, they look forward to it. The sad day will be when they no longer want to do these things. I pray they never outgrow it.
So for now, we’ll continue enjoying these moments & adding to their memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment