Monday, August 9, 2010

chicago sweet chicago

Every couple of years I treat myself to a little trip to Chicago, my home town. This year I decided I would share it with my family & we turned it into a 2 week trip. After all the house drama, we needed to get away!

We spent the 1st week visiting with my sister in Orland Park, IL.

Hanging out at her neighborhood park.P1060049P1060050

Spending a day at Six Flags Great America. Unfortunately, it was so crowded we only got on 4 rides. Booo… The highlight of this day was having Combi pee in a water bottle while we were in line for a ride. After waiting 40 minutes we were NOT getting out of that line!                                                          P1060051

We started  our 2nd week in Nauvoo. This was our favorite part of the entire trip.

Inside Carthage Jail          

 P1060059P1060052P1060055P1060061

This was the view from our room. So beautiful!P1060127

Playing pioneer games       P1060091

After 2 days days in Nauvoo, we headed off to CHICAGO & stayed with my other sister. I have to say that in our desire to relax, we took it to the extreme. Sleeping in until 10, not leaving until 12. Taking an hr to get anywhere. Needless to say, we didn’t do all the wonderful tourist things you would expect. But we definitely relaxed which is hard to do when you’re in a city like this!

Science & Industry Museum, my all-time favorite museum.P1060200P1060202P1060194

Legoland Discovery MuseumP1060169P1060165

I sat here for an hr building this house just so that it could break when I put in the last piece. Stupid house!P1060174

P1060192

The Lincoln Park Zoo. It’s a free zoo right in the heart of the city. The ONLY free thing we were able to do.                    P1060214         P1060225

Dinner with an old HS friend @ “Rainforest Cafe"P1060217

I had such a great time sharing some of my childhood memories with my family & letting them see what it was like living in such an amazing city.

Most memorable  moments:

  • Culligula courageously walking down a gang-way.
  • KB saying, “Hurry up guys! There’s a car coming down the alley!!”
  • Of course, the pee in the bottle incident
  • getting caught in a crazy rain storm @ the zoo
  • catching fire flies
  • having pizza delivered @ 1am.
  • Combi getting on his 1st upside roller coaster
  • JaJa constantly asking about the gangs.
  • eating only 1 slice of pizza & being full
  • driving down Lake Shore Dr.
  • parking a block & 1/2 away from Nelly’s apt.

No comments: