Friday, April 25, 2008

The Sox Don't Always Suck

I am a definite Cubs fan so when Combi received his White Sox uniform for t-ball, you can only imagine the look on my face. It had to be some sort of mistake. Don't they know I refuse to have any sort of affiliation with that team? What if my friends back home found out? Would I be shunned forever? I was absolutely beside myself. I thought of pulling him off the team or perhaps forcing my son upon the Cubs team. I could explain my situation. They would HAVE to let him in, right? I even went as far as wanting to get a Cubs tattoo to prove my loyalty to the team. I immediately got on the phone, determined to do something drastic when all of a sudden, the most unbelievable thing happened.
Combi came out of his room with his uniform on. My jaw dropped in disbelief. He was absolutely handsome. He was so happy & so proud to have on such a beautiful uniform. How I could hate the team that my son would be playing for? I couldn't. So for now I shall make peace. But hear me now, when his season is over, it's on Sox fans!
Dedicated to my sister Vladimir who just attended a real White Sox game this week. (She's not a fan either)

6 comments:

kelly l said...

corbin is so handsome. is this a hill team he's playing for? i'm impressed with the real uniform.

Science Geek said...

FYI-I went to a Yankees game!

Pooka said...

It was Chgo & the Yankees played the White Sox. Call it what you want!

Mugsy said...

Hee hee I love that you are such a die hard! I lovethat about you! Yes your little man cub looks so hansom!

Perla said...

this post was hilarious, pooka! thanks for sharing. yes, he looks dashing in the uniform. i understand your loyalty to the cubs, but he does look great and i'm glad you can set aside your angst for his sake. :)

Lover of Sweets said...

Oh you are too funny my friend! Anywho, yes, he DOES indeed look very handsome. I'm glad you were able to make peace with this one.