Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What's Your Mark?


Today I attended the funeral of Culligula's dear grandma. I haven't attended a funeral in about 20 years & I must say it was a real eye opening experience. As I sat there listening to all the beautiful talks on this lovely lady's life, I couldn't help but wonder what my mark in the world would be.
Am I living everyday to the fullest or am I sweatin' the small stuff? Am I present in my everyday life or am I caught up in the 2,000 thoughts in my head? We always hear how precious life is & how we should live everyday to the fullest but do we? Or do we live day to day, just getting by?
What impact have I made, if any? I'm not sure. What I know is that I get to live. I get to breathe, I get to have all the joy & happiness I can possibly handle. I am filled with gratitude for the Savior & the plan of salvation. I rejoice in the knowledge that I will spend the eternities with my loved ones. But mostly I am at peace with life & myself.
I love those moments in life that make me stop & look at the world around me. I get to realize that I am so much bigger than my circumstances & when life gets difficult, I get to acknowledge myself & say, "It's okay, I'm okay".

Before I go, thank you to all those of you who assisted me in taking my kids today. Thank you, thank you.

4 comments:

Tash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Salty Incisor said...

hey sorry I deleted my comment
Yeah when you think of it like that it makes u want to do better because at the end only certain things matter

Perla said...

thanks for such a great reminder, pooka!

Lover of Sweets said...

Very nice little Pooka. All very true...great reminder though.
Love ya!