First off, Culligula's parents came with us this year so it was even more fun to show them all the things we get to do when we go. We rented a 2 bedroom condo away from the strip, called the Cliffs at Peace Canyon. We've stayed there before & we really enjoy it. Since Big G & Mama Jo were with us, we had to get creative with sleeping arrangements. We took the mattress off the pull-out bed & placed in our closet for the boys to sleep on. As far as I'm concerned, we had a 2.5 bedroom condo.
The weather was perfect. Cool enough to walk around but warm enough to swim (in a heated pool). It was such a fun time & we are grateful to have created such awesome memories with our little family.Here's what we did: riding scooters, swimming, Shark Reef, M&M store, MGM Lion Habitat, Silverton Aquarium, Adventuredome, Caesar's Aquarium, Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs, Claim Jumper, Chuck E. Cheese, FAO Schwartz, flamingos, Bellagio butterflies, playing Bingo, playing cards w/Big G & Mama Jo, & last but not least spending time with our dear Brazilian friends who live there. Believe it or not, there was still a lot we had planned on doing that we didn't have time for. Thank goodness there's always next year.
JA-JA:
You had such a great time. You were just happy riding your scooter everyday (esp. in the church parking lot). You even returned with some battle wounds from your scooter. Pretty sweet! Your other favorite thing was swimming as much as you could. No more water wings for you! You were meant to be a fish. And being the fish lover that you are, you were in heaven seeing all those aquariums. Although Shark Reef has always been your favorite, this year you enjoyed eating at Cheesecake Factory & looking at the Caesar's aquarium at the same time. My favorite memory of you is riding that roller coaster TWICE with you. Now that was fun! Also, good job on spending your money. It must have really been burning a whole in that new wallet of yours!
I think this is the 1st time you didn't ask to go home after the 2nd day. I loved watching you have so much fun. I also loved that you wanted to take a picture with EVERYTHING that you saw. Needless to say that I have A LOT of pictures of you. You also loved riding your scooter & returning with battle wounds. You had a fun time swimming, even if you did want to wear water wings with an inner tube at all times. You even requested a life jacket to add to your motif. I was very surprised by your budgeting on this trip. Usually you're Mr. Moneybags just buying everything you can but this time you wouldn't buy anything over $3. You were the only one to have money left over. You had a lot to show for what you spent & you still had $13 left over. Pretty amazing! Combi, you're awesome & just watching you laugh & play was my favorite memory of you.
We survived our trip with you. Hooray! Actually you were pretty well behaved. This is our 1st trip since we've had kids that we didn't require a playpen or diapers. I must say that was a plus. You did great! Of course, you didn't even blink your eyes once on our 7hr drive there or back. How do you do that? You were also a fan of the scooter & have the battle wounds to prove it. As for swimming, you were a maniac! We put those water wings on you for the 1st time & you were off! You were jumping in, spinning in circles, chasing your brothers in the pool... You're nuts! As for everything else, you loved all of it. Especially chasing some weird birds around. I could have done without the "I need to poop!" screams in the car. Keep that in mind please. My favorite memory of you has to be swimming with you at the pool & our quite time together at the Shark Reef as we stared at the fish.
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!!
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!!
12 comments:
looks like you guys had a fun time. seth wanted to know what chris spent his money on and ella asked almost every day why corbin was "out of town."
We are glad you are home. Its pretty quiet around here without you all! Looks like Corbin head suffered some trauma as well, I thought it was just a goose egg. Hope he is better now too. Glad you had a fun trip. It was fun to read all about your adventures.
I just saw your other photos. I laughed hard when I saw the peeing free ones. At first I thought man what a stream but then I saw the water all over the lot and wised up. Too funny!
Woo Hoo Pooka! It looks like the whole experience was pretty fun! Nice job on the memory-making, pictures and documenting!
Love you!
Man what great pictures! I miss you guys...please lets do some cabining together...of course isn't yours haunted? AAAAhhhhhh!! Well I miss you, how is the neighborhood?
And honestly boys get studlier every time I see them. Your hubby too of course! Meg
trips trips trips I am so envious of all the tripping people in the world.
I can't believe you got gramps in a swim suit. Wish I could have been there. My dogs are grateful to have Chewy out of the house so they can sneak in once in a while. Tana liked having Chewy around, he made a great sleeping buddy! I am glad you had a wonderful relaxing vacation in the sun! Love you!!!
that is so cool how you wrote to each one of your kids like that. great way to keep memories! and thanks for sharing them!
I just tagged u go see
hey did you delete the top secret entry??
yes i had to delete it. you never know who's reading it.
I love how all your messages are sweet when ever I read your blog it makes me wish that mine was as good as yours at the end of this year you HAVE to get it published you and your kids would love to look back on what you said!
love, Chocolate Chip
Post a Comment