Thursday, March 27, 2008

Beautiful Maui

Last month Culligula & I spent a glorious week in Maui with our best friends in the whole world. The only word to describe this trip would be flawless.
We rented a condo in Wailea, which was just a beautiful place to stay. We started everyday hanging out at the beach relaxing & laughing our heads off. You see, the friends we shared this experience with, are our twins. So it's like hanging out with ourselves. You can only imagine the craziness involved when the 4 of us get together. If you don't have a close friendship like this with another couple, I highly recommend you get one. Alright now, back to our trip.
Our 1st adventure was a ride in a submarine. Thank you Dramamine! What a lifesaver! Great time but I probably wouldn't do it again. We did get to see some whales on the way back which was amazing. I will say, the sounds they make underwater are straight out of a horror film.
The next day we went to the Old Lahaina Luau. OK so I've never been to another luau but I swear it was the best luau ever! The best thing out of it was being introduced to the lovely Lava Flow. Oh how I miss you. If you've never had one, it is the best drink ever. We got it unleaded of course. It is a mixture of pina colada mix, pineapple juice & strawberry puree. It's the best! Aside from that, the entertainment was beautiful. Not to mention the grounds & the food. It was 5 stars all the way.
The following day the boys decided to go on a whale watching tour while us girls went to the mall for lunch, a movie & of course, some shopping. I know you're wondering why we didn't go but you have to understand it's whale season. Every time you step onto the beach you see whales- for free. Anyway, we like having our girl time together so we don't have to hear from the peanut gallery if you know what I mean.
Thursday, we headed to Hana. Now, we've all heard of the Road to Hana. 1st off, we couldn't find the road. You think there would be bigger signs. Once we found it, the views were beautiful. We visited Black Sand Beach, as well as Red Sand Beach. (Be aware of the naked people on Red Sand Beach- yikes!) Once again, thank you to my dear friend Dramamine.
On Friday, we did a Dinner cruise. The food was great & we we're able to see whales up close once again.
Our last day was bittersweet. We knew it was coming to an end but we wanted to enjoy it as much as possible. We spent most of the day on the beach & ended the day with dinner before we were dropped off at the airport. Thanks for the good times Mr. & Mrs. T!
The ultimate part of this trip was overcoming some water fears. I had the chance to go snorkeling & I absolutely loved it. I was also able to boogie board. It beat the crap out of me but every bruise was worth it!
On the home front our boys stayed with my lovely sister who we brought in from New York. Without her this trip may not have been possible. My boys love her to death & it was nice to have such peace of mind. They had a blast with her. She took them all over & it was all about the fun when she was here. The best thing about it was, when we returned, our house was still in order. (she even did laundry!) THANKS Vladimir!

Next trip? Viva Las Vegas! April '08

3 comments:

Salty Incisor said...

sounds great. Those are the things you remember in life...how fun.

Perla said...

that sounds like so much fun! i am glad you had such a good time. someday i too will do this!

Lover of Sweets said...

Sooo glad you got to go! I laughed that the whale sounds came straight out of a horror movie! You're too funny.